COVID-19 UPDATE, 22/04/20
- Bookings are still being taken, and being fulfilled.
- I completed the Department of Health Infection Control Training – COVID 19, 22nd March 2020
- All PPE equipment is well stocked, as are all chemical sanitation supplies.
- There have been some slight changes to placenta collection, in line with the social distancing requirements. Otherwise, it’s business as usual.
- There has been minimal disruptions to delivery of placenta capsules via Express Post (Option 1 & 2 – see Services & Prices)
What is placenta encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation, also known as ‘placenta capsules’ or ‘placenta pills’ is the most popular form of placenta consumption.
It involves steaming* and/or dehydrating* the placenta so it can then be put into empty capsules for the mother to take. These tasteless capsules look just like any other vitamin supplement. This form of placenta consumption is convenient and the capsules may be used for up to 12 months after the birth.
What are the 2* methods of encapsulation?
The Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) based method sees the placenta gently rinsed, steamed, dehydrated, ground to a powder and then placed into capsules.
The Raw Preparation Method is identical to that of TCM, except there is no steaming of the placenta. See the differences in table below.